Oct 20, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
SBNation passes along video of the hit:
Garbutt, 28, was not penalized for that check. It’s too early to know what kind of injury Penner, 31, suffered, but he doesn’t seem to have a long history of concussion issues. Also from the “unfortunate that it’s a silver lining” department: he didn’t need a stretcher to leave the ice, which has been a disturbingly frequent occurrence in the NHL this past week.
Penner has had a rough early reunion with the Ducks, becoming a healthy scratch and earning some derision from head coach Bruce Boudreau. He was just starting to make good on his potential by adding even more beef to the sizable Corey Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo, so that adds an extra bit of frustration if this is a serious issue.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5