Oct 20, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
SBNation passes along video of the hit:
Garbutt, 28, was not penalized for that check. It’s too early to know what kind of injury Penner, 31, suffered, but he doesn’t seem to have a long history of concussion issues. Also from the “unfortunate that it’s a silver lining” department: he didn’t need a stretcher to leave the ice, which has been a disturbingly frequent occurrence in the NHL this past week.
Penner has had a rough early reunion with the Ducks, becoming a healthy scratch and earning some derision from head coach Bruce Boudreau. He was just starting to make good on his potential by adding even more beef to the sizable Corey Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo, so that adds an extra bit of frustration if this is a serious issue.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20