Oct 20, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
SBNation passes along video of the hit:
Garbutt, 28, was not penalized for that check. It’s too early to know what kind of injury Penner, 31, suffered, but he doesn’t seem to have a long history of concussion issues. Also from the “unfortunate that it’s a silver lining” department: he didn’t need a stretcher to leave the ice, which has been a disturbingly frequent occurrence in the NHL this past week.
Penner has had a rough early reunion with the Ducks, becoming a healthy scratch and earning some derision from head coach Bruce Boudreau. He was just starting to make good on his potential by adding even more beef to the sizable Corey Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo, so that adds an extra bit of frustration if this is a serious issue.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36