Oct 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EST
At the time Penner left the ice, it was 3-2 in the middle of the second period; the Stars lead 3-1 late in the first frame. The Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo dominated Sunday, with Perry scoring two goals and an assist while Getzlaf had a goal and three helpers.
(Perhaps that duo will do OK if Penner need to miss some time …)
Jonas Hiller was pulled following the first period after allowing three goals on 12 shots, giving way to a rare duo of debuts. Frederik Anderson stopped all 24 shots while Jack Campbell made 40 out of 46 saves in their first NHL regular season games.
The Ducks have now won seven games in a row after losing their season-opener. Dallas, meanwhile, is going through growing pains (and/or missing Kari Lehtonen?), as the Stars have lost four of their last five and that win only came via a shootout.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)