Oct 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
At the time Penner left the ice, it was 3-2 in the middle of the second period; the Stars lead 3-1 late in the first frame. The Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo dominated Sunday, with Perry scoring two goals and an assist while Getzlaf had a goal and three helpers.
(Perhaps that duo will do OK if Penner need to miss some time …)
Jonas Hiller was pulled following the first period after allowing three goals on 12 shots, giving way to a rare duo of debuts. Frederik Anderson stopped all 24 shots while Jack Campbell made 40 out of 46 saves in their first NHL regular season games.
The Ducks have now won seven games in a row after losing their season-opener. Dallas, meanwhile, is going through growing pains (and/or missing Kari Lehtonen?), as the Stars have lost four of their last five and that win only came via a shootout.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)