Oct 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
At the time Penner left the ice, it was 3-2 in the middle of the second period; the Stars lead 3-1 late in the first frame. The Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo dominated Sunday, with Perry scoring two goals and an assist while Getzlaf had a goal and three helpers.
(Perhaps that duo will do OK if Penner need to miss some time …)
Jonas Hiller was pulled following the first period after allowing three goals on 12 shots, giving way to a rare duo of debuts. Frederik Anderson stopped all 24 shots while Jack Campbell made 40 out of 46 saves in their first NHL regular season games.
The Ducks have now won seven games in a row after losing their season-opener. Dallas, meanwhile, is going through growing pains (and/or missing Kari Lehtonen?), as the Stars have lost four of their last five and that win only came via a shootout.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)