Oct 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
At the time Penner left the ice, it was 3-2 in the middle of the second period; the Stars lead 3-1 late in the first frame. The Perry – Ryan Getzlaf combo dominated Sunday, with Perry scoring two goals and an assist while Getzlaf had a goal and three helpers.
(Perhaps that duo will do OK if Penner need to miss some time …)
Jonas Hiller was pulled following the first period after allowing three goals on 12 shots, giving way to a rare duo of debuts. Frederik Anderson stopped all 24 shots while Jack Campbell made 40 out of 46 saves in their first NHL regular season games.
The Ducks have now won seven games in a row after losing their season-opener. Dallas, meanwhile, is going through growing pains (and/or missing Kari Lehtonen?), as the Stars have lost four of their last five and that win only came via a shootout.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 8
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 38
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)