Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, Brunner is feeling better about his upper body injury on Sunday and hopes to be back soon.
“Better than yesterday,” Brunner said. “It’s a little bit better.”
As for playing on Tuesday, he said, “We’ll have to see tomorrow.”
Brunner’s absence didn’t affect the Devils negatively on Saturday night as they humbled the Rangers. On the long-term, however, they can’t afford to go without him for a long stretch.
Already this season, Brunner is tied with Michael Ryder for the team lead in goals scored with three and with New Jersey’s offense being sluggish out of the gate, losing his production is no good. On the upside, his injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)