Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, Brunner is feeling better about his upper body injury on Sunday and hopes to be back soon.
“Better than yesterday,” Brunner said. “It’s a little bit better.”
As for playing on Tuesday, he said, “We’ll have to see tomorrow.”
Brunner’s absence didn’t affect the Devils negatively on Saturday night as they humbled the Rangers. On the long-term, however, they can’t afford to go without him for a long stretch.
Already this season, Brunner is tied with Michael Ryder for the team lead in goals scored with three and with New Jersey’s offense being sluggish out of the gate, losing his production is no good. On the upside, his injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)