Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, Brunner is feeling better about his upper body injury on Sunday and hopes to be back soon.
“Better than yesterday,” Brunner said. “It’s a little bit better.”
As for playing on Tuesday, he said, “We’ll have to see tomorrow.”
Brunner’s absence didn’t affect the Devils negatively on Saturday night as they humbled the Rangers. On the long-term, however, they can’t afford to go without him for a long stretch.
Already this season, Brunner is tied with Michael Ryder for the team lead in goals scored with three and with New Jersey’s offense being sluggish out of the gate, losing his production is no good. On the upside, his injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)