Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, Brunner is feeling better about his upper body injury on Sunday and hopes to be back soon.
“Better than yesterday,” Brunner said. “It’s a little bit better.”
As for playing on Tuesday, he said, “We’ll have to see tomorrow.”
Brunner’s absence didn’t affect the Devils negatively on Saturday night as they humbled the Rangers. On the long-term, however, they can’t afford to go without him for a long stretch.
Already this season, Brunner is tied with Michael Ryder for the team lead in goals scored with three and with New Jersey’s offense being sluggish out of the gate, losing his production is no good. On the upside, his injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)