Oct 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
On Saturday night, Jones made it awfully difficult.
Nashville’s rookie defenseman turned in a tremendous performance in a 2-1 win over Montreal, finishing second among all skaters with 27:29 TOI while notching the game-winning tally — the first GWG of his career — with just 1:27 remaining in the contest:
Playing alongside Shea Weber — who had an outstanding night himself, playing over 28 minutes while notching two assists — Jones continued to display maturity and poise beyond his years.
The 19-year-old, who fell to Nashville at No. 4 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, is playing elite-defenseman minutes and doing it with aplomb, as he now has four points through his first eight games with a plus-1 rating.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54