Oct 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
On Saturday night, Jones made it awfully difficult.
Nashville’s rookie defenseman turned in a tremendous performance in a 2-1 win over Montreal, finishing second among all skaters with 27:29 TOI while notching the game-winning tally — the first GWG of his career — with just 1:27 remaining in the contest:
Playing alongside Shea Weber — who had an outstanding night himself, playing over 28 minutes while notching two assists — Jones continued to display maturity and poise beyond his years.
The 19-year-old, who fell to Nashville at No. 4 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, is playing elite-defenseman minutes and doing it with aplomb, as he now has four points through his first eight games with a plus-1 rating.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)