Oct 19, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets conjured up a late third-period comeback and then beat the St. Louis Blues in the shootout by a final score of 4-3.
The comeback win came at a price, however. Winnipeg’s rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily face-first into the end boards early in the second period.
The Blues didn’t get the victory, however the St. Louis Cardinals punched their ticket to the 2013 World Series Friday evening thanks to a win in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series over the L.A. Dodgers.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)