Oct 19, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets conjured up a late third-period comeback and then beat the St. Louis Blues in the shootout by a final score of 4-3.
The comeback win came at a price, however. Winnipeg’s rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily face-first into the end boards early in the second period.
The Blues didn’t get the victory, however the St. Louis Cardinals punched their ticket to the 2013 World Series Friday evening thanks to a win in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series over the L.A. Dodgers.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)