Oct 19, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets conjured up a late third-period comeback and then beat the St. Louis Blues in the shootout by a final score of 4-3.
The comeback win came at a price, however. Winnipeg’s rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily face-first into the end boards early in the second period.
The Blues didn’t get the victory, however the St. Louis Cardinals punched their ticket to the 2013 World Series Friday evening thanks to a win in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series over the L.A. Dodgers.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28