Oct 19, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets conjured up a late third-period comeback and then beat the St. Louis Blues in the shootout by a final score of 4-3.
The comeback win came at a price, however. Winnipeg’s rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily face-first into the end boards early in the second period.
The Blues didn’t get the victory, however the St. Louis Cardinals punched their ticket to the 2013 World Series Friday evening thanks to a win in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series over the L.A. Dodgers.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)