Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Mikhail Grabovski didn’t score against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Saturday’s 4-1 win for the Washington Capitals, but he made his presence felt … in an expensive way. CSNWashington.com shares video footage of the Belorussian forward destroying something that captures video footage:
It was a great night for the Capitals overall, as some guys maintained hot starts (Alex Ovechkin found the net once on a for-him-modest four shots on goal) while a few players showed they might be turning things around. Braden Holtby fell just short of a shutout (38 out of 39 saves) while Martin Erat collected three assists and logged almost 18 minutes of ice time. That’s quite the breakthrough for two guys who were pretty glum to start 2013-14.
Speaking of glum, the Blue Jackets are struggling.
Some might blame Sergei Bobrovsky. While he isn’t standing on his head like he did last season (he’s 2-5-0 with a .917 save percentage), he’s mostly been solid, although tonight was a little tougher for him.
Columbus simply needs more scoring than the 16 goals they’ve generated in seven games; they haven’t been getting blow out with just a -5 goal differential (three of which obviously came tonight).
These new divisional rivals might find themselves close to each other fora little longer, though. The Capitals have played six out of their first eight games at home while the Blue Jackets have played five of seven on the road.
Maybe the Blue Jackets will find their way when they spend more time in Ohio?
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)