Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski didn’t score against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Saturday’s 4-1 win for the Washington Capitals, but he made his presence felt … in an expensive way. CSNWashington.com shares video footage of the Belorussian forward destroying something that captures video footage:
It was a great night for the Capitals overall, as some guys maintained hot starts (Alex Ovechkin found the net once on a for-him-modest four shots on goal) while a few players showed they might be turning things around. Braden Holtby fell just short of a shutout (38 out of 39 saves) while Martin Erat collected three assists and logged almost 18 minutes of ice time. That’s quite the breakthrough for two guys who were pretty glum to start 2013-14.
Speaking of glum, the Blue Jackets are struggling.
Some might blame Sergei Bobrovsky. While he isn’t standing on his head like he did last season (he’s 2-5-0 with a .917 save percentage), he’s mostly been solid, although tonight was a little tougher for him.
Columbus simply needs more scoring than the 16 goals they’ve generated in seven games; they haven’t been getting blow out with just a -5 goal differential (three of which obviously came tonight).
These new divisional rivals might find themselves close to each other fora little longer, though. The Capitals have played six out of their first eight games at home while the Blue Jackets have played five of seven on the road.
Maybe the Blue Jackets will find their way when they spend more time in Ohio?
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)