Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Mikhail Grabovski didn’t score against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Saturday’s 4-1 win for the Washington Capitals, but he made his presence felt … in an expensive way. CSNWashington.com shares video footage of the Belorussian forward destroying something that captures video footage:
It was a great night for the Capitals overall, as some guys maintained hot starts (Alex Ovechkin found the net once on a for-him-modest four shots on goal) while a few players showed they might be turning things around. Braden Holtby fell just short of a shutout (38 out of 39 saves) while Martin Erat collected three assists and logged almost 18 minutes of ice time. That’s quite the breakthrough for two guys who were pretty glum to start 2013-14.
Speaking of glum, the Blue Jackets are struggling.
Some might blame Sergei Bobrovsky. While he isn’t standing on his head like he did last season (he’s 2-5-0 with a .917 save percentage), he’s mostly been solid, although tonight was a little tougher for him.
Columbus simply needs more scoring than the 16 goals they’ve generated in seven games; they haven’t been getting blow out with just a -5 goal differential (three of which obviously came tonight).
These new divisional rivals might find themselves close to each other fora little longer, though. The Capitals have played six out of their first eight games at home while the Blue Jackets have played five of seven on the road.
Maybe the Blue Jackets will find their way when they spend more time in Ohio?
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)