Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski didn’t score against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Saturday’s 4-1 win for the Washington Capitals, but he made his presence felt … in an expensive way. CSNWashington.com shares video footage of the Belorussian forward destroying something that captures video footage:
It was a great night for the Capitals overall, as some guys maintained hot starts (Alex Ovechkin found the net once on a for-him-modest four shots on goal) while a few players showed they might be turning things around. Braden Holtby fell just short of a shutout (38 out of 39 saves) while Martin Erat collected three assists and logged almost 18 minutes of ice time. That’s quite the breakthrough for two guys who were pretty glum to start 2013-14.
Speaking of glum, the Blue Jackets are struggling.
Some might blame Sergei Bobrovsky. While he isn’t standing on his head like he did last season (he’s 2-5-0 with a .917 save percentage), he’s mostly been solid, although tonight was a little tougher for him.
Columbus simply needs more scoring than the 16 goals they’ve generated in seven games; they haven’t been getting blow out with just a -5 goal differential (three of which obviously came tonight).
These new divisional rivals might find themselves close to each other fora little longer, though. The Capitals have played six out of their first eight games at home while the Blue Jackets have played five of seven on the road.
Maybe the Blue Jackets will find their way when they spend more time in Ohio?
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)