Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski didn’t score against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Saturday’s 4-1 win for the Washington Capitals, but he made his presence felt … in an expensive way. CSNWashington.com shares video footage of the Belorussian forward destroying something that captures video footage:
It was a great night for the Capitals overall, as some guys maintained hot starts (Alex Ovechkin found the net once on a for-him-modest four shots on goal) while a few players showed they might be turning things around. Braden Holtby fell just short of a shutout (38 out of 39 saves) while Martin Erat collected three assists and logged almost 18 minutes of ice time. That’s quite the breakthrough for two guys who were pretty glum to start 2013-14.
Speaking of glum, the Blue Jackets are struggling.
Some might blame Sergei Bobrovsky. While he isn’t standing on his head like he did last season (he’s 2-5-0 with a .917 save percentage), he’s mostly been solid, although tonight was a little tougher for him.
Columbus simply needs more scoring than the 16 goals they’ve generated in seven games; they haven’t been getting blow out with just a -5 goal differential (three of which obviously came tonight).
These new divisional rivals might find themselves close to each other fora little longer, though. The Capitals have played six out of their first eight games at home while the Blue Jackets have played five of seven on the road.
Maybe the Blue Jackets will find their way when they spend more time in Ohio?
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)