Oct 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
Even in good times, Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has a tendency to give up some wacky goals. Saturday presented a great example, as Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler beat him from center ice:
Fleury can shake it off – aside from maybe some ribbing in the locker room – because Sidney Crosby scored a great goal to tie it up. Crosby now has an eight-game point streak with an NHL-leading 15 overall.
Overall, the 28-year-old netminder actually had a great first period, as the Penguins go into the first intermission tied 1-1 despite Vancouver’s 15-5 shot disadvantage.
“The Flower” isn’t the only guy to let up a weird goal lately.
And Jonathan Bernier had a head-scratcher Thursday:
So, chin up “MAF,” you’re not alone.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29