Oct 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Even in good times, Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has a tendency to give up some wacky goals. Saturday presented a great example, as Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler beat him from center ice:
Fleury can shake it off – aside from maybe some ribbing in the locker room – because Sidney Crosby scored a great goal to tie it up. Crosby now has an eight-game point streak with an NHL-leading 15 overall.
Overall, the 28-year-old netminder actually had a great first period, as the Penguins go into the first intermission tied 1-1 despite Vancouver’s 15-5 shot disadvantage.
“The Flower” isn’t the only guy to let up a weird goal lately.
And Jonathan Bernier had a head-scratcher Thursday:
So, chin up “MAF,” you’re not alone.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)