Oct 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Even in good times, Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has a tendency to give up some wacky goals. Saturday presented a great example, as Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler beat him from center ice:
Fleury can shake it off – aside from maybe some ribbing in the locker room – because Sidney Crosby scored a great goal to tie it up. Crosby now has an eight-game point streak with an NHL-leading 15 overall.
Overall, the 28-year-old netminder actually had a great first period, as the Penguins go into the first intermission tied 1-1 despite Vancouver’s 15-5 shot disadvantage.
“The Flower” isn’t the only guy to let up a weird goal lately.
And Jonathan Bernier had a head-scratcher Thursday:
So, chin up “MAF,” you’re not alone.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)