Oct 19, 2013, 1:11 AM EST
The Anaheim Ducks continue to keep pace with the San Jose Sharks in the Pacific Division.
On Friday against the Phoenix Coyotes, the Ducks got a late third-period goal from Nick Bonino to tie the game with just over two minutes remaining to eventually send the game to overtime.
Bonino added another in the six-round skills competition, as did Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne and Jakob Silfverberg, who tallied the winner. The Ducks made it six straight wins, thanks to a 3-2 shootout victory over the Coyotes.
Earlier in the game, Selanne scored his second goal of the season and career goal No. 677.
This one, which came less than seven minutes into the opening period, just barely got under the arm of Coyotes goalie Mike Smith and trickled over the goal line, but they all count.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)