Oct 19, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks continue to keep pace with the San Jose Sharks in the Pacific Division.
On Friday against the Phoenix Coyotes, the Ducks got a late third-period goal from Nick Bonino to tie the game with just over two minutes remaining to eventually send the game to overtime.
Bonino added another in the six-round skills competition, as did Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne and Jakob Silfverberg, who tallied the winner. The Ducks made it six straight wins, thanks to a 3-2 shootout victory over the Coyotes.
Earlier in the game, Selanne scored his second goal of the season and career goal No. 677.
This one, which came less than seven minutes into the opening period, just barely got under the arm of Coyotes goalie Mike Smith and trickled over the goal line, but they all count.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 7
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)