Oct 19, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks continue to keep pace with the San Jose Sharks in the Pacific Division.
On Friday against the Phoenix Coyotes, the Ducks got a late third-period goal from Nick Bonino to tie the game with just over two minutes remaining to eventually send the game to overtime.
Bonino added another in the six-round skills competition, as did Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne and Jakob Silfverberg, who tallied the winner. The Ducks made it six straight wins, thanks to a 3-2 shootout victory over the Coyotes.
Earlier in the game, Selanne scored his second goal of the season and career goal No. 677.
This one, which came less than seven minutes into the opening period, just barely got under the arm of Coyotes goalie Mike Smith and trickled over the goal line, but they all count.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)