Oct 19, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks continue to keep pace with the San Jose Sharks in the Pacific Division.
On Friday against the Phoenix Coyotes, the Ducks got a late third-period goal from Nick Bonino to tie the game with just over two minutes remaining to eventually send the game to overtime.
Bonino added another in the six-round skills competition, as did Corey Perry, Teemu Selanne and Jakob Silfverberg, who tallied the winner. The Ducks made it six straight wins, thanks to a 3-2 shootout victory over the Coyotes.
Earlier in the game, Selanne scored his second goal of the season and career goal No. 677.
This one, which came less than seven minutes into the opening period, just barely got under the arm of Coyotes goalie Mike Smith and trickled over the goal line, but they all count.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36