Oct 19, 2013, 3:57 PM EST
Hall, 21, was upset by the Eric Gryba hit that lead to the injury, which might have been knee-to-knee (we’ll add video if it becomes available). Hall slashed Gryba before needing a little help off the ice.
(Gryba, 25, does have a suspension history, as he sat two games for a hit on Lars Eller in the 2013 playoffs.)
Hall has developed into a legitimate top-line forward, but injuries have been a serious concern. He was limited to 65 and 61 games in his first two seasons, although he was mostly healthy in 2013. The Oilers have to hope that this is just a minor issue, as they haven’t had a ton of injury luck lately.
Update: Oilers coach Dallas Eakins says Hall will be out for “more than day or two” but there’s nothing official yet.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 59
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)