Oct 19, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Hall, 21, was upset by the Eric Gryba hit that lead to the injury, which might have been knee-to-knee (we’ll add video if it becomes available). Hall slashed Gryba before needing a little help off the ice.
(Gryba, 25, does have a suspension history, as he sat two games for a hit on Lars Eller in the 2013 playoffs.)
Hall has developed into a legitimate top-line forward, but injuries have been a serious concern. He was limited to 65 and 61 games in his first two seasons, although he was mostly healthy in 2013. The Oilers have to hope that this is just a minor issue, as they haven’t had a ton of injury luck lately.
Update: Oilers coach Dallas Eakins says Hall will be out for “more than day or two” but there’s nothing official yet.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11