Oct 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Two talented-yet-injured San Jose Sharks seem to be improving, but have unclear windows of return. CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Martin Havlat resumed skating with teammates while Dan Boyle continues to get better.
Kurz provides an open-ended observation about the condition of Boyle, 37.
A couple hints on Boyle’s condition – hasn’t been placed on IR, and #SJSharks still haven’t recalled another d-man from Worcester
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) October 19, 2013
Interesting. Head coach Todd McLellan said that Boyle is in the same spot he was on Friday and that he’s being observed by doctors.
McLellan explains his expectations for Havlat, 32.
“He has a gap to close yet before he’s ready to play in a game, but we feel comfortable now that he can close that gap with our group,” Todd McLellan said on Saturday morning. “We want to practice fast so that gets Marty’s pace and tempo up, being around the group.”
Again, there’s no clear word on when either player is expected to return for the Sharks. They host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)