Oct 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Two talented-yet-injured San Jose Sharks seem to be improving, but have unclear windows of return. CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Martin Havlat resumed skating with teammates while Dan Boyle continues to get better.
Kurz provides an open-ended observation about the condition of Boyle, 37.
A couple hints on Boyle’s condition – hasn’t been placed on IR, and #SJSharks still haven’t recalled another d-man from Worcester
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) October 19, 2013
Interesting. Head coach Todd McLellan said that Boyle is in the same spot he was on Friday and that he’s being observed by doctors.
McLellan explains his expectations for Havlat, 32.
“He has a gap to close yet before he’s ready to play in a game, but we feel comfortable now that he can close that gap with our group,” Todd McLellan said on Saturday morning. “We want to practice fast so that gets Marty’s pace and tempo up, being around the group.”
Again, there’s no clear word on when either player is expected to return for the Sharks. They host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5