Oct 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Two talented-yet-injured San Jose Sharks seem to be improving, but have unclear windows of return. CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Martin Havlat resumed skating with teammates while Dan Boyle continues to get better.
Kurz provides an open-ended observation about the condition of Boyle, 37.
A couple hints on Boyle’s condition – hasn’t been placed on IR, and #SJSharks still haven’t recalled another d-man from Worcester
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) October 19, 2013
Interesting. Head coach Todd McLellan said that Boyle is in the same spot he was on Friday and that he’s being observed by doctors.
McLellan explains his expectations for Havlat, 32.
“He has a gap to close yet before he’s ready to play in a game, but we feel comfortable now that he can close that gap with our group,” Todd McLellan said on Saturday morning. “We want to practice fast so that gets Marty’s pace and tempo up, being around the group.”
Again, there’s no clear word on when either player is expected to return for the Sharks. They host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)