Oct 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Two talented-yet-injured San Jose Sharks seem to be improving, but have unclear windows of return. CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Martin Havlat resumed skating with teammates while Dan Boyle continues to get better.
Kurz provides an open-ended observation about the condition of Boyle, 37.
A couple hints on Boyle’s condition – hasn’t been placed on IR, and #SJSharks still haven’t recalled another d-man from Worcester
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) October 19, 2013
Interesting. Head coach Todd McLellan said that Boyle is in the same spot he was on Friday and that he’s being observed by doctors.
McLellan explains his expectations for Havlat, 32.
“He has a gap to close yet before he’s ready to play in a game, but we feel comfortable now that he can close that gap with our group,” Todd McLellan said on Saturday morning. “We want to practice fast so that gets Marty’s pace and tempo up, being around the group.”
Again, there’s no clear word on when either player is expected to return for the Sharks. They host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)