Oct 19, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Two talented-yet-injured San Jose Sharks seem to be improving, but have unclear windows of return. CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Martin Havlat resumed skating with teammates while Dan Boyle continues to get better.
Kurz provides an open-ended observation about the condition of Boyle, 37.
A couple hints on Boyle’s condition – hasn’t been placed on IR, and #SJSharks still haven’t recalled another d-man from Worcester
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) October 19, 2013
Interesting. Head coach Todd McLellan said that Boyle is in the same spot he was on Friday and that he’s being observed by doctors.
McLellan explains his expectations for Havlat, 32.
“He has a gap to close yet before he’s ready to play in a game, but we feel comfortable now that he can close that gap with our group,” Todd McLellan said on Saturday morning. “We want to practice fast so that gets Marty’s pace and tempo up, being around the group.”
Again, there’s no clear word on when either player is expected to return for the Sharks. They host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31