Oct 19, 2013, 12:56 AM EDT
Clarke MacArthur has yet to score for the Ottawa Senators in his first seven games with his new team, although recently it’s been bitter sweet considering the Sens have won their last two games.
MacArthur, who signed a two-year contract worth $6.5 million with the Senators as an unrestricted free agent this summer, may be off to a slow start, but he’s had a combined 10 shots on goal in his last three games.
“I’m not really feeling like it’s killing me yet,” MacArthur told the Ottawa Sun. “It’s not to that point. We’re winning.
“But it’s frustrating when you’re getting three or four shots a game, and you want to try and find the back of the net. You’ve just got to go to the net harder, and be more aggressive around the net.”
The Senators host the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Saturday (2 p.m. ET). For the Oilers, almost every aspect of their game to this point has been subject to scrutiny.
Under the guidance of new head coach Dallas Eakins, they sit last in the new Pacific Division with a 1-6-1 record. Special teams has become a focal point of concern, as well.
The Oilers’ power play ranks 20th in the league, at 17.2 per cent. Their penalty kill is dead last in the NHL at 69 per cent.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 13
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 10
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 21
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)