Oct 19, 2013, 12:56 AM EST
Clarke MacArthur has yet to score for the Ottawa Senators in his first seven games with his new team, although recently it’s been bitter sweet considering the Sens have won their last two games.
MacArthur, who signed a two-year contract worth $6.5 million with the Senators as an unrestricted free agent this summer, may be off to a slow start, but he’s had a combined 10 shots on goal in his last three games.
“I’m not really feeling like it’s killing me yet,” MacArthur told the Ottawa Sun. “It’s not to that point. We’re winning.
“But it’s frustrating when you’re getting three or four shots a game, and you want to try and find the back of the net. You’ve just got to go to the net harder, and be more aggressive around the net.”
The Senators host the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Saturday (2 p.m. ET). For the Oilers, almost every aspect of their game to this point has been subject to scrutiny.
Under the guidance of new head coach Dallas Eakins, they sit last in the new Pacific Division with a 1-6-1 record. Special teams has become a focal point of concern, as well.
The Oilers’ power play ranks 20th in the league, at 17.2 per cent. Their penalty kill is dead last in the NHL at 69 per cent.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)