Oct 19, 2013, 12:56 AM EST
Clarke MacArthur has yet to score for the Ottawa Senators in his first seven games with his new team, although recently it’s been bitter sweet considering the Sens have won their last two games.
MacArthur, who signed a two-year contract worth $6.5 million with the Senators as an unrestricted free agent this summer, may be off to a slow start, but he’s had a combined 10 shots on goal in his last three games.
“I’m not really feeling like it’s killing me yet,” MacArthur told the Ottawa Sun. “It’s not to that point. We’re winning.
“But it’s frustrating when you’re getting three or four shots a game, and you want to try and find the back of the net. You’ve just got to go to the net harder, and be more aggressive around the net.”
The Senators host the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Saturday (2 p.m. ET). For the Oilers, almost every aspect of their game to this point has been subject to scrutiny.
Under the guidance of new head coach Dallas Eakins, they sit last in the new Pacific Division with a 1-6-1 record. Special teams has become a focal point of concern, as well.
The Oilers’ power play ranks 20th in the league, at 17.2 per cent. Their penalty kill is dead last in the NHL at 69 per cent.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)