Oct 19, 2013, 12:56 AM EDT
Clarke MacArthur has yet to score for the Ottawa Senators in his first seven games with his new team, although recently it’s been bitter sweet considering the Sens have won their last two games.
MacArthur, who signed a two-year contract worth $6.5 million with the Senators as an unrestricted free agent this summer, may be off to a slow start, but he’s had a combined 10 shots on goal in his last three games.
“I’m not really feeling like it’s killing me yet,” MacArthur told the Ottawa Sun. “It’s not to that point. We’re winning.
“But it’s frustrating when you’re getting three or four shots a game, and you want to try and find the back of the net. You’ve just got to go to the net harder, and be more aggressive around the net.”
The Senators host the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Saturday (2 p.m. ET). For the Oilers, almost every aspect of their game to this point has been subject to scrutiny.
Under the guidance of new head coach Dallas Eakins, they sit last in the new Pacific Division with a 1-6-1 record. Special teams has become a focal point of concern, as well.
The Oilers’ power play ranks 20th in the league, at 17.2 per cent. Their penalty kill is dead last in the NHL at 69 per cent.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)