Oct 19, 2013, 12:56 AM EST
Clarke MacArthur has yet to score for the Ottawa Senators in his first seven games with his new team, although recently it’s been bitter sweet considering the Sens have won their last two games.
MacArthur, who signed a two-year contract worth $6.5 million with the Senators as an unrestricted free agent this summer, may be off to a slow start, but he’s had a combined 10 shots on goal in his last three games.
“I’m not really feeling like it’s killing me yet,” MacArthur told the Ottawa Sun. “It’s not to that point. We’re winning.
“But it’s frustrating when you’re getting three or four shots a game, and you want to try and find the back of the net. You’ve just got to go to the net harder, and be more aggressive around the net.”
The Senators host the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Saturday (2 p.m. ET). For the Oilers, almost every aspect of their game to this point has been subject to scrutiny.
Under the guidance of new head coach Dallas Eakins, they sit last in the new Pacific Division with a 1-6-1 record. Special teams has become a focal point of concern, as well.
The Oilers’ power play ranks 20th in the league, at 17.2 per cent. Their penalty kill is dead last in the NHL at 69 per cent.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)