Oct 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will start Jonathan Bernier while James van Riemsdyk (“skater’s back”) returns to action against the Chicago Blackhawks Saturday, according to various sources including TSN’s Mark Masters and the Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
Both Bernier and JVR have been about as good as Toronto could ask for so far in 2013-14.
Bernier, 25, is 4-2-0 with a .940 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. JVR, 24, has really been clicking with Phil Kessel, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)