Oct 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will start Jonathan Bernier while James van Riemsdyk (“skater’s back”) returns to action against the Chicago Blackhawks Saturday, according to various sources including TSN’s Mark Masters and the Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
Both Bernier and JVR have been about as good as Toronto could ask for so far in 2013-14.
Bernier, 25, is 4-2-0 with a .940 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. JVR, 24, has really been clicking with Phil Kessel, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)