Oct 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will start Jonathan Bernier while James van Riemsdyk (“skater’s back”) returns to action against the Chicago Blackhawks Saturday, according to various sources including TSN’s Mark Masters and the Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
Both Bernier and JVR have been about as good as Toronto could ask for so far in 2013-14.
Bernier, 25, is 4-2-0 with a .940 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. JVR, 24, has really been clicking with Phil Kessel, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games.
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 2
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 15
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 62
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)