Oct 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will start Jonathan Bernier while James van Riemsdyk (“skater’s back”) returns to action against the Chicago Blackhawks Saturday, according to various sources including TSN’s Mark Masters and the Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
Both Bernier and JVR have been about as good as Toronto could ask for so far in 2013-14.
Bernier, 25, is 4-2-0 with a .940 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. JVR, 24, has really been clicking with Phil Kessel, scoring five goals and one assist for six points in six games.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)