Oct 19, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
The 32-year-old blueliner told the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James that he “feels great” and hopes to get back into action in about a week, as long as doctors can clear his concussion symptoms.
St. James passes along an “Awww” moment:
First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.
— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) October 19, 2013
Judging by Detroit’s schedule, perhaps he could come back sometime in this span:
Wednesday: home vs. Ottawa
Oct. 26: home vs. New York Rangers
Oct. 30: at Vancouver
It wouldn’t be shocking if the Red Wings play it safe and just give him a full week from today (if not more), but we’ll see.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6