Oct 19, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
The 32-year-old blueliner told the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James that he “feels great” and hopes to get back into action in about a week, as long as doctors can clear his concussion symptoms.
St. James passes along an “Awww” moment:
First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.
— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) October 19, 2013
Judging by Detroit’s schedule, perhaps he could come back sometime in this span:
Wednesday: home vs. Ottawa
Oct. 26: home vs. New York Rangers
Oct. 30: at Vancouver
It wouldn’t be shocking if the Red Wings play it safe and just give him a full week from today (if not more), but we’ll see.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 4
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 7
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 23
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2