Oct 19, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
The 32-year-old blueliner told the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James that he “feels great” and hopes to get back into action in about a week, as long as doctors can clear his concussion symptoms.
St. James passes along an “Awww” moment:
First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.
— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) October 19, 2013
Judging by Detroit’s schedule, perhaps he could come back sometime in this span:
Wednesday: home vs. Ottawa
Oct. 26: home vs. New York Rangers
Oct. 30: at Vancouver
It wouldn’t be shocking if the Red Wings play it safe and just give him a full week from today (if not more), but we’ll see.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5