Oct 19, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
The 32-year-old blueliner told the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James that he “feels great” and hopes to get back into action in about a week, as long as doctors can clear his concussion symptoms.
St. James passes along an “Awww” moment:
First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.
— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) October 19, 2013
Judging by Detroit’s schedule, perhaps he could come back sometime in this span:
Wednesday: home vs. Ottawa
Oct. 26: home vs. New York Rangers
Oct. 30: at Vancouver
It wouldn’t be shocking if the Red Wings play it safe and just give him a full week from today (if not more), but we’ll see.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35