Oct 19, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
The 32-year-old blueliner told the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James that he “feels great” and hopes to get back into action in about a week, as long as doctors can clear his concussion symptoms.
St. James passes along an “Awww” moment:
First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.
— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) October 19, 2013
Judging by Detroit’s schedule, perhaps he could come back sometime in this span:
Wednesday: home vs. Ottawa
Oct. 26: home vs. New York Rangers
Oct. 30: at Vancouver
It wouldn’t be shocking if the Red Wings play it safe and just give him a full week from today (if not more), but we’ll see.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32