Oct 19, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Briere, 36, was skating in Nashville’s end when Predators forward Eric Nystrom caught him with a blindside hit early in the second period:
Nystrom wasn’t penalized on the play, and the Canadiens later announced that Briere would not return.
But that wasn’t it for injured Canadiens.
In the third period, Prust got tangled with Preds defenseman Victor Bartley and crashed hard into the end boards. Like Briere, Prust also left the contest and failed to return.
If the two are lost for any length of time, it’ll hurt a Montreal team already decimated by injury. George Parros (concussion), Alexei Emelin (knee) and Douglas Murray (lower-body) only just returned to post-practice skating, while forward Max Pacioretty is out three weeks with a hamstring ailment.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)