Oct 19, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Briere, 36, was skating in Nashville’s end when Predators forward Eric Nystrom caught him with a blindside hit early in the second period:
Nystrom wasn’t penalized on the play, and the Canadiens later announced that Briere would not return.
But that wasn’t it for injured Canadiens.
In the third period, Prust got tangled with Preds defenseman Victor Bartley and crashed hard into the end boards. Like Briere, Prust also left the contest and failed to return.
If the two are lost for any length of time, it’ll hurt a Montreal team already decimated by injury. George Parros (concussion), Alexei Emelin (knee) and Douglas Murray (lower-body) only just returned to post-practice skating, while forward Max Pacioretty is out three weeks with a hamstring ailment.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)