Oct 19, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The Stars visit the Los Angeles Kings tonight and then play against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday, so we’ll see if Lehtonen gets back into the lineup tomorrow.
Ellis, 33, won his first game of 2013-14 on Thursday, stopping 32 shots as the Stars gave the San Jose Sharks their first loss in a 4-3 shootout.
Lehtonen, 29, is 2-1-0 with a sterling .953 save percentage so far this season, so the Stars would probably like to see him return as soon as possible.
That being said, the Stars also hope Ellis will “push” Lehtonen in 2013-14.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 2
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)