Oct 19, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Trouba indicated to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that he believes he could have gotten up from that frightening tumble.
“I was more scared than anything. I went in pretty hard. My neck was sore so they didn’t really want me to move,” Trouba said. “I probably could have got up and skated off, but they didn’t want me to move. It was probably a good thing I didn’t, just to be careful … I’ve just got to lay low and recover and get back as soon as I can.”
The Jets shared a photo of Trouba, 19, addressing the media this morning in a neck brace:
The word is that Trouba will need to wear the neck brace for two weeks before he undergoes further testing, so it sounds like he’ll out until at least early November, probably later. It’s fantastic news that he seems OK enough that people are discussing a possible quick return, even if that seems up in the air.
The Jets managed a nice come-from-behind win to beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 (SO) last night, but it was costly to their defense, as Mark Stuart has been pronounced day-to-day with a hip injury from crashing into the net, according to Wiebe.
Winnipeg recalled Adam Pardy to help account for some of the injury losses.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)