Oct 19, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Trouba indicated to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that he believes he could have gotten up from that frightening tumble.
“I was more scared than anything. I went in pretty hard. My neck was sore so they didn’t really want me to move,” Trouba said. “I probably could have got up and skated off, but they didn’t want me to move. It was probably a good thing I didn’t, just to be careful … I’ve just got to lay low and recover and get back as soon as I can.”
The Jets shared a photo of Trouba, 19, addressing the media this morning in a neck brace:
The word is that Trouba will need to wear the neck brace for two weeks before he undergoes further testing, so it sounds like he’ll out until at least early November, probably later. It’s fantastic news that he seems OK enough that people are discussing a possible quick return, even if that seems up in the air.
The Jets managed a nice come-from-behind win to beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 (SO) last night, but it was costly to their defense, as Mark Stuart has been pronounced day-to-day with a hip injury from crashing into the net, according to Wiebe.
Winnipeg recalled Adam Pardy to help account for some of the injury losses.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)