Oct 19, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
Trouba indicated to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that he believes he could have gotten up from that frightening tumble.
“I was more scared than anything. I went in pretty hard. My neck was sore so they didn’t really want me to move,” Trouba said. “I probably could have got up and skated off, but they didn’t want me to move. It was probably a good thing I didn’t, just to be careful … I’ve just got to lay low and recover and get back as soon as I can.”
The Jets shared a photo of Trouba, 19, addressing the media this morning in a neck brace:
The word is that Trouba will need to wear the neck brace for two weeks before he undergoes further testing, so it sounds like he’ll out until at least early November, probably later. It’s fantastic news that he seems OK enough that people are discussing a possible quick return, even if that seems up in the air.
The Jets managed a nice come-from-behind win to beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 (SO) last night, but it was costly to their defense, as Mark Stuart has been pronounced day-to-day with a hip injury from crashing into the net, according to Wiebe.
Winnipeg recalled Adam Pardy to help account for some of the injury losses.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)