Oct 19, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Trouba indicated to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that he believes he could have gotten up from that frightening tumble.
“I was more scared than anything. I went in pretty hard. My neck was sore so they didn’t really want me to move,” Trouba said. “I probably could have got up and skated off, but they didn’t want me to move. It was probably a good thing I didn’t, just to be careful … I’ve just got to lay low and recover and get back as soon as I can.”
The Jets shared a photo of Trouba, 19, addressing the media this morning in a neck brace:
The word is that Trouba will need to wear the neck brace for two weeks before he undergoes further testing, so it sounds like he’ll out until at least early November, probably later. It’s fantastic news that he seems OK enough that people are discussing a possible quick return, even if that seems up in the air.
The Jets managed a nice come-from-behind win to beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 (SO) last night, but it was costly to their defense, as Mark Stuart has been pronounced day-to-day with a hip injury from crashing into the net, according to Wiebe.
Winnipeg recalled Adam Pardy to help account for some of the injury losses.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)