Oct 19, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Trouba indicated to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that he believes he could have gotten up from that frightening tumble.
“I was more scared than anything. I went in pretty hard. My neck was sore so they didn’t really want me to move,” Trouba said. “I probably could have got up and skated off, but they didn’t want me to move. It was probably a good thing I didn’t, just to be careful … I’ve just got to lay low and recover and get back as soon as I can.”
The Jets shared a photo of Trouba, 19, addressing the media this morning in a neck brace:
The word is that Trouba will need to wear the neck brace for two weeks before he undergoes further testing, so it sounds like he’ll out until at least early November, probably later. It’s fantastic news that he seems OK enough that people are discussing a possible quick return, even if that seems up in the air.
The Jets managed a nice come-from-behind win to beat the St. Louis Blues 4-3 (SO) last night, but it was costly to their defense, as Mark Stuart has been pronounced day-to-day with a hip injury from crashing into the net, according to Wiebe.
Winnipeg recalled Adam Pardy to help account for some of the injury losses.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)