Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
Perhaps he’s also coming back to keep Jonas Gustavsson from invading his territory too much. “The Monster” won three straight games in Howard’s absence, allowing five goals on 107 shots for an outstanding .953 save percentage.
Howard, 29, has been a little more up-and-down to start, with a 3-2-0 record, although few would complain about his .922 save percentage (which is only slightly higher than his fantastic .918 career average).
It will be interesting to see if Howard is really 100 percent tonight, as the Red Wings carry a four-game winning streak into action.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)