Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Perhaps he’s also coming back to keep Jonas Gustavsson from invading his territory too much. “The Monster” won three straight games in Howard’s absence, allowing five goals on 107 shots for an outstanding .953 save percentage.
Howard, 29, has been a little more up-and-down to start, with a 3-2-0 record, although few would complain about his .922 save percentage (which is only slightly higher than his fantastic .918 career average).
It will be interesting to see if Howard is really 100 percent tonight, as the Red Wings carry a four-game winning streak into action.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5