Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Perhaps he’s also coming back to keep Jonas Gustavsson from invading his territory too much. “The Monster” won three straight games in Howard’s absence, allowing five goals on 107 shots for an outstanding .953 save percentage.
Howard, 29, has been a little more up-and-down to start, with a 3-2-0 record, although few would complain about his .922 save percentage (which is only slightly higher than his fantastic .918 career average).
It will be interesting to see if Howard is really 100 percent tonight, as the Red Wings carry a four-game winning streak into action.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)