Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Perhaps he’s also coming back to keep Jonas Gustavsson from invading his territory too much. “The Monster” won three straight games in Howard’s absence, allowing five goals on 107 shots for an outstanding .953 save percentage.
Howard, 29, has been a little more up-and-down to start, with a 3-2-0 record, although few would complain about his .922 save percentage (which is only slightly higher than his fantastic .918 career average).
It will be interesting to see if Howard is really 100 percent tonight, as the Red Wings carry a four-game winning streak into action.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)