Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
Perhaps he’s also coming back to keep Jonas Gustavsson from invading his territory too much. “The Monster” won three straight games in Howard’s absence, allowing five goals on 107 shots for an outstanding .953 save percentage.
Howard, 29, has been a little more up-and-down to start, with a 3-2-0 record, although few would complain about his .922 save percentage (which is only slightly higher than his fantastic .918 career average).
It will be interesting to see if Howard is really 100 percent tonight, as the Red Wings carry a four-game winning streak into action.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)