Oct 19, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Fleury stopped 34 out of 37 shots to remain undefeated, as the Penguins only loss came when he was getting a breather.
It was really a game about Pittsburgh’s big stars, as Sidney Crosby continues his ridiculous start to 2013-14; he collected a goal and two assists to push his NHL-leading points total to 17. As of this writing, he leads everyone else by at least six points.
Evgeni Malkin made a big contribution, too, as he collected an assist and the shootout-winner. The Penguins have now won 11 straight shootouts at home.
The Canucks carried much of the play, firing 39 shots on goal compared to Pittsburgh’s 28, but they couldn’t beat Fleury enough to take the win. Like seemingly everyone else (aside from the Boston Bruins in the 2013 Eastern Conference Final), they also couldn’t stop Crosby.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)