Oct 19, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
Coming into Saturday night, Ben Bishop was one of the NHL’s hottest netminders.
By evening’s end, he was anything but.
Bishop, the Tampa Bay starter, was chased from the net after allowing four goals on 17 shots in a 5-0 loss to the Bruins.
Boston dominated the contest from start to finish, getting goals from five different skaters — David Krejci, Adam McQuaid, Patrice Bergeron, Chris Kelly and Shawn Thornton — while Tuukka Rask stopped all shots faced for his first shutout of the season.
The Bruins dominated Tampa with one of their most balanced attacks in recent memory. In addition to the five separate scorers, Boston had 12 different players notch at least one point on Saturday.
As for Bishop, it was a night to forget.
The league’s tallest netminder came into the B’s game on fire, boasting a 5-0-0 record with a .943 save percentage and 1.57 GAA. He’d also wrestled away Tampa Bay’s No. 1 gig from Anders Lindback, who came on in relief late in the second period, allowing one goal.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)