Oct 18, 2013, 1:55 AM EST
Wayne Gretzky has responded to Taylor Hall breaking The Great One’s record for the fastest two goals by an Edmonton Oilers player.
Hall scored twice in the span of just eight seconds Thursday night against the New York Islanders, setting the new record.(Click here to see the videos)
It had previously been held by Gretzky, who scored twice in nine seconds back on February 18, 1981.
“That is so cool, good for him, he’s a great kid. Records are so made to be broken, it’s good for the game,” Gretzky told Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com.
“If Kevin Lowe would have got me the puck quicker it would have been 7 seconds!”
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 0
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 7
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)