Oct 18, 2013, 1:38 AM EST
It’s another incident that will likely require further discipline handed down from NHL senior vice-president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.
Kronwall lay motionless for a short time, before getting stretchered off the ice.
“Tough situation for him, anytime you get hit like that, you’re out cold,” Wings head coach Mike Babcock told the Detroit Free Press. “You’re scared to say the least.
“These hits are things we’ve got to get out of the game.”
McLeod was given a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct. The Red Wings updated Kronwall’s condition later in the first period, saying via Twitter that the blue liner had a concussion and cuts to his ear, but was moving all his extremities.
Added Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson: “He was out, he didn’t really know what happened there.
“He was out of it for a little bit. Then he was asking some questions. It was a little scary but we found out early he was fine and he was going to recover fine.”
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)