Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 AM EST
It’s still possible for the San Jose Sharks to reach the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2013 record of 24 games to begin a season without a regulation loss.
OK. clearly jumping the gun on that one.
But, the Sharks did suffer their first loss of this season, as they fell 4-3 to the Dallas Stars in a shootout.
Coming into the game, San Jose and Colorado were the only two teams yet to lose a game, be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout.
The Avalanche lost to Detroit in regulation, which means the Sharks are the only team left that has not lost in regulation.
Alex Chiasson scored the only goal in the skills competition.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)