Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s still possible for the San Jose Sharks to reach the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2013 record of 24 games to begin a season without a regulation loss.
OK. clearly jumping the gun on that one.
But, the Sharks did suffer their first loss of this season, as they fell 4-3 to the Dallas Stars in a shootout.
Coming into the game, San Jose and Colorado were the only two teams yet to lose a game, be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout.
The Avalanche lost to Detroit in regulation, which means the Sharks are the only team left that has not lost in regulation.
Alex Chiasson scored the only goal in the skills competition.
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)