Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s still possible for the San Jose Sharks to reach the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2013 record of 24 games to begin a season without a regulation loss.
OK. clearly jumping the gun on that one.
But, the Sharks did suffer their first loss of this season, as they fell 4-3 to the Dallas Stars in a shootout.
Coming into the game, San Jose and Colorado were the only two teams yet to lose a game, be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout.
The Avalanche lost to Detroit in regulation, which means the Sharks are the only team left that has not lost in regulation.
Alex Chiasson scored the only goal in the skills competition.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)