Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 AM EST
It’s still possible for the San Jose Sharks to reach the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2013 record of 24 games to begin a season without a regulation loss.
OK. clearly jumping the gun on that one.
But, the Sharks did suffer their first loss of this season, as they fell 4-3 to the Dallas Stars in a shootout.
Coming into the game, San Jose and Colorado were the only two teams yet to lose a game, be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout.
The Avalanche lost to Detroit in regulation, which means the Sharks are the only team left that has not lost in regulation.
Alex Chiasson scored the only goal in the skills competition.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 6
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 30
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46