Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s still possible for the San Jose Sharks to reach the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2013 record of 24 games to begin a season without a regulation loss.
OK. clearly jumping the gun on that one.
But, the Sharks did suffer their first loss of this season, as they fell 4-3 to the Dallas Stars in a shootout.
Coming into the game, San Jose and Colorado were the only two teams yet to lose a game, be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout.
The Avalanche lost to Detroit in regulation, which means the Sharks are the only team left that has not lost in regulation.
Alex Chiasson scored the only goal in the skills competition.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)