Oct 18, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
We’re not sure if this is going to be a thing all season, but it was last night while the Sabres were losing…yet again.
This latest loss, 3-0 to the Canucks, was bad right off the bat, with the home team getting absolutely dominated in front of the faithful at the First Niagara Center. Vancouver outshot Buffalo 19-7 in a first period that saw Ryan Miller make 18 saves, meaning it could’ve been much, much worse than 1-0 after 20 minutes.
With the defeat, the Sabres fell to 1-7-1. In nine games, they’ve scored just 11 goals. On a goals-per-game basis, Buffalo’s offense has been even worse than historically bad Philadelphia’s.
“This is ridiculous,” defenseman Mike Weber said. “This is extremely frustrating.”
Sabres fans are frustrated too, with many of them taking to Twitter to express their feelings. The hashtag that linked them together? That would be #suffering.
The Sabres’ next game is Saturday at home to Colorado.
Update: We’re told the #suffering hashtag comes from general manager Darcy Regier’s comments during April’s season-ending press conference, when he said: “I understand our fan base and I would like to think that people will give up some suffering in order to win a Stanley Cup.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)