Oct 18, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
We’re not sure if this is going to be a thing all season, but it was last night while the Sabres were losing…yet again.
This latest loss, 3-0 to the Canucks, was bad right off the bat, with the home team getting absolutely dominated in front of the faithful at the First Niagara Center. Vancouver outshot Buffalo 19-7 in a first period that saw Ryan Miller make 18 saves, meaning it could’ve been much, much worse than 1-0 after 20 minutes.
With the defeat, the Sabres fell to 1-7-1. In nine games, they’ve scored just 11 goals. On a goals-per-game basis, Buffalo’s offense has been even worse than historically bad Philadelphia’s.
“This is ridiculous,” defenseman Mike Weber said. “This is extremely frustrating.”
Sabres fans are frustrated too, with many of them taking to Twitter to express their feelings. The hashtag that linked them together? That would be #suffering.
The Sabres’ next game is Saturday at home to Colorado.
Update: We’re told the #suffering hashtag comes from general manager Darcy Regier’s comments during April’s season-ending press conference, when he said: “I understand our fan base and I would like to think that people will give up some suffering in order to win a Stanley Cup.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)