Oct 18, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have called up a replacement for the recently-demoted Stephane Da Costa, but it’s not who you might think.
Derek Grant, Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled for his second stint with the club. The decision means the Sens are keeping Mika Zibanejad, the sixth overall pick in 2011, in the minors for the time being.
Grant, 23, has recorded two goals (one shorthanded) and five penalty minutes in three games with the B-Sens this season. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in five games for Ottawa, but failed to score a point.
It’ll be interesting to see when, or if, Ottawa does decide to recall Zibanejad. He had 20 points in 42 games as a 19-year-old last year, and has two points in three games with Binghamton this year.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36