Oct 18, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have called up a replacement for the recently-demoted Stephane Da Costa, but it’s not who you might think.
Derek Grant, Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled for his second stint with the club. The decision means the Sens are keeping Mika Zibanejad, the sixth overall pick in 2011, in the minors for the time being.
Grant, 23, has recorded two goals (one shorthanded) and five penalty minutes in three games with the B-Sens this season. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in five games for Ottawa, but failed to score a point.
It’ll be interesting to see when, or if, Ottawa does decide to recall Zibanejad. He had 20 points in 42 games as a 19-year-old last year, and has two points in three games with Binghamton this year.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20