Oct 18, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Now McLeod can fly to New York City to discuss the play with the NHL.
The Avalanche forward has been offered an in-person hearing with the league because of the hit. That opens up the possibility of a suspension of six games or more. McLeod hit Kronwall from behind just 2:13 into the first period of Thursday’s game and earned a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct for it.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said following the game that Kronwall had a “mild concussion” and McLeod’s hit are the types of hits the league has to eliminate.
In case you missed it, here’s the play in question with video from Colorado’s Altitude Network.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)