Oct 18, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
Now McLeod can fly to New York City to discuss the play with the NHL.
The Avalanche forward has been offered an in-person hearing with the league because of the hit. That opens up the possibility of a suspension of six games or more. McLeod hit Kronwall from behind just 2:13 into the first period of Thursday’s game and earned a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct for it.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said following the game that Kronwall had a “mild concussion” and McLeod’s hit are the types of hits the league has to eliminate.
In case you missed it, here’s the play in question with video from Colorado’s Altitude Network.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)