Oct 18, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Now McLeod can fly to New York City to discuss the play with the NHL.
The Avalanche forward has been offered an in-person hearing with the league because of the hit. That opens up the possibility of a suspension of six games or more. McLeod hit Kronwall from behind just 2:13 into the first period of Thursday’s game and earned a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct for it.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said following the game that Kronwall had a “mild concussion” and McLeod’s hit are the types of hits the league has to eliminate.
In case you missed it, here’s the play in question with video from Colorado’s Altitude Network.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2