Oct 18, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Now McLeod can fly to New York City to discuss the play with the NHL.
The Avalanche forward has been offered an in-person hearing with the league because of the hit. That opens up the possibility of a suspension of six games or more. McLeod hit Kronwall from behind just 2:13 into the first period of Thursday’s game and earned a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct for it.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said following the game that Kronwall had a “mild concussion” and McLeod’s hit are the types of hits the league has to eliminate.
In case you missed it, here’s the play in question with video from Colorado’s Altitude Network.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)