Oct 18, 2013, 7:51 PM EST
All Ben Bishop has done for the Tampa Bay Lightning so far this season is win.
He’s been the winning goaltender in all five of his starts since the season began, and is expected to be the starter when the Lightning hosts the Boston Bruins on Saturday, as per Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.
“He’s feeling the vibe right now,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Bay Times.
“I like that he’s calm in the net. He’s stopping the ones he should, and some of the ones he probably shouldn’t. I think in that moment, he let everybody know, he’s feeling it, and it’s fun to watch.
“You want your team to be like that, to have a little swag going, I’m a big fan of it.”
It’s early, yes.
But the Lightning, thanks in large to the play of the 26-year-old Bishop, have a 5-2 record going and are fourth in the Atlantic Division as a result. But still plenty of hockey left.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)