Oct 18, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
All Ben Bishop has done for the Tampa Bay Lightning so far this season is win.
He’s been the winning goaltender in all five of his starts since the season began, and is expected to be the starter when the Lightning hosts the Boston Bruins on Saturday, as per Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.
“He’s feeling the vibe right now,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Bay Times.
“I like that he’s calm in the net. He’s stopping the ones he should, and some of the ones he probably shouldn’t. I think in that moment, he let everybody know, he’s feeling it, and it’s fun to watch.
“You want your team to be like that, to have a little swag going, I’m a big fan of it.”
It’s early, yes.
But the Lightning, thanks in large to the play of the 26-year-old Bishop, have a 5-2 record going and are fourth in the Atlantic Division as a result. But still plenty of hockey left.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)