Oct 18, 2013, 7:51 PM EST
All Ben Bishop has done for the Tampa Bay Lightning so far this season is win.
He’s been the winning goaltender in all five of his starts since the season began, and is expected to be the starter when the Lightning hosts the Boston Bruins on Saturday, as per Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.
“He’s feeling the vibe right now,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Bay Times.
“I like that he’s calm in the net. He’s stopping the ones he should, and some of the ones he probably shouldn’t. I think in that moment, he let everybody know, he’s feeling it, and it’s fun to watch.
“You want your team to be like that, to have a little swag going, I’m a big fan of it.”
It’s early, yes.
But the Lightning, thanks in large to the play of the 26-year-old Bishop, have a 5-2 record going and are fourth in the Atlantic Division as a result. But still plenty of hockey left.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)