Oct 18, 2013, 7:51 PM EST
All Ben Bishop has done for the Tampa Bay Lightning so far this season is win.
He’s been the winning goaltender in all five of his starts since the season began, and is expected to be the starter when the Lightning hosts the Boston Bruins on Saturday, as per Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.
“He’s feeling the vibe right now,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Bay Times.
“I like that he’s calm in the net. He’s stopping the ones he should, and some of the ones he probably shouldn’t. I think in that moment, he let everybody know, he’s feeling it, and it’s fun to watch.
“You want your team to be like that, to have a little swag going, I’m a big fan of it.”
It’s early, yes.
But the Lightning, thanks in large to the play of the 26-year-old Bishop, have a 5-2 record going and are fourth in the Atlantic Division as a result. But still plenty of hockey left.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 2
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)