Oct 18, 2013, 7:51 PM EST
All Ben Bishop has done for the Tampa Bay Lightning so far this season is win.
He’s been the winning goaltender in all five of his starts since the season began, and is expected to be the starter when the Lightning hosts the Boston Bruins on Saturday, as per Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.
“He’s feeling the vibe right now,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Bay Times.
“I like that he’s calm in the net. He’s stopping the ones he should, and some of the ones he probably shouldn’t. I think in that moment, he let everybody know, he’s feeling it, and it’s fun to watch.
“You want your team to be like that, to have a little swag going, I’m a big fan of it.”
It’s early, yes.
But the Lightning, thanks in large to the play of the 26-year-old Bishop, have a 5-2 record going and are fourth in the Atlantic Division as a result. But still plenty of hockey left.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)