Oct 18, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
“I had a bit of a headache so the doctor felt it was in my best interest that I stay out for the rest of the game,” said Reimer after practicing Friday, per CBC.ca. “I came in this morning and felt pretty good. I rode the bike and worked out before I hit the ice and when I got on the ice I felt pretty good.”
Last night’s collision was especially worrying for the Leafs, given it was only two years ago they lost Reimer to a head injury for an extended period.
Fortunately, it doesn’t seem that will be the case this time.
“I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and did a few things to get my heart rate up and nothing got worse,” he said.
In other Leafs injury news, it sounds like forward James van Riemsdyk is a go for Saturday’s contest in Chicago after missing two games with back spasms.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 12
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13