Oct 18, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
“I had a bit of a headache so the doctor felt it was in my best interest that I stay out for the rest of the game,” said Reimer after practicing Friday, per CBC.ca. “I came in this morning and felt pretty good. I rode the bike and worked out before I hit the ice and when I got on the ice I felt pretty good.”
Last night’s collision was especially worrying for the Leafs, given it was only two years ago they lost Reimer to a head injury for an extended period.
Fortunately, it doesn’t seem that will be the case this time.
“I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and did a few things to get my heart rate up and nothing got worse,” he said.
In other Leafs injury news, it sounds like forward James van Riemsdyk is a go for Saturday’s contest in Chicago after missing two games with back spasms.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 17
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)