Oct 18, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
“I had a bit of a headache so the doctor felt it was in my best interest that I stay out for the rest of the game,” said Reimer after practicing Friday, per CBC.ca. “I came in this morning and felt pretty good. I rode the bike and worked out before I hit the ice and when I got on the ice I felt pretty good.”
Last night’s collision was especially worrying for the Leafs, given it was only two years ago they lost Reimer to a head injury for an extended period.
Fortunately, it doesn’t seem that will be the case this time.
“I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and did a few things to get my heart rate up and nothing got worse,” he said.
In other Leafs injury news, it sounds like forward James van Riemsdyk is a go for Saturday’s contest in Chicago after missing two games with back spasms.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 45
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50