Oct 18, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
“I had a bit of a headache so the doctor felt it was in my best interest that I stay out for the rest of the game,” said Reimer after practicing Friday, per CBC.ca. “I came in this morning and felt pretty good. I rode the bike and worked out before I hit the ice and when I got on the ice I felt pretty good.”
Last night’s collision was especially worrying for the Leafs, given it was only two years ago they lost Reimer to a head injury for an extended period.
Fortunately, it doesn’t seem that will be the case this time.
“I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and did a few things to get my heart rate up and nothing got worse,” he said.
In other Leafs injury news, it sounds like forward James van Riemsdyk is a go for Saturday’s contest in Chicago after missing two games with back spasms.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)