Oct 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily into the boards during the second period of Friday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
According to Jim Toth of 680 CJOB radio in Winnipeg, Trouba went in for a shoulder check and missed, his knee catching a St. Louis player, and then went into the boards face first.
According to a tweet from Scott Brown, the senior director of corporate communications for the Jets, Trouba was taken to hospital for X-rays. “He is alert, communicating, and moving all limbs.”
Update: As per Scott Brown of the Jets, Trouba has been released from hospital and more updates will be provided Saturday.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)