Oct 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily into the boards during the second period of Friday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
According to Jim Toth of 680 CJOB radio in Winnipeg, Trouba went in for a shoulder check and missed, his knee catching a St. Louis player, and then went into the boards face first.
According to a tweet from Scott Brown, the senior director of corporate communications for the Jets, Trouba was taken to hospital for X-rays. “He is alert, communicating, and moving all limbs.”
Update: As per Scott Brown of the Jets, Trouba has been released from hospital and more updates will be provided Saturday.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)