Oct 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets rookie defenseman Jacob Trouba was taken off the ice on a stretcher after falling heavily into the boards during the second period of Friday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
According to Jim Toth of 680 CJOB radio in Winnipeg, Trouba went in for a shoulder check and missed, his knee catching a St. Louis player, and then went into the boards face first.
Trouba was alert and gave the fans a thumbs up as he was being wheeled out on the stretcher.—
Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) October 19, 2013
According to a tweet from Scott Brown, the senior director of corporate communications for the Jets, Trouba was taken to hospital for X-rays. “He is alert, communicating, and moving all limbs.”
Update: As per Scott Brown of the Jets, Trouba has been released from hospital and more updates will be provided Saturday.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 30
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)