Oct 18, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
There was an interesting development prior to puck drop between the Winnipeg Jets and St. Louis Blues on Friday.
Jets forward Devin Setoguchi was scratched from the lineup. In seven games, he has just two goals and one point.
Not a good sign when you're an apparently healthy scratch eight games into the season w/ a new club.—
PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) October 19, 2013
The Jets acquired Setoguchi, 26, from the Minnesota Wild back on July 5. He has one year remaining on his current contract, which comes with a $3 million cap hit.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)