Oct 18, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
There was an interesting development prior to puck drop between the Winnipeg Jets and St. Louis Blues on Friday.
Jets forward Devin Setoguchi was scratched from the lineup. In seven games, he has just two goals and one point.
Not a good sign when you're an apparently healthy scratch eight games into the season w/ a new club.—
PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) October 19, 2013
The Jets acquired Setoguchi, 26, from the Minnesota Wild back on July 5. He has one year remaining on his current contract, which comes with a $3 million cap hit.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31