Oct 18, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
There was an interesting development prior to puck drop between the Winnipeg Jets and St. Louis Blues on Friday.
Jets forward Devin Setoguchi was scratched from the lineup. In seven games, he has just two goals and one point.
Not a good sign when you're an apparently healthy scratch eight games into the season w/ a new club.—
PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) October 19, 2013
The Jets acquired Setoguchi, 26, from the Minnesota Wild back on July 5. He has one year remaining on his current contract, which comes with a $3 million cap hit.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)