Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Some news and notes from around the crease…
Ducks go with Hiller
To fill the Fasth void, Anaheim has recalled Frederik Andersen from AHL Norfolk.
The Ducks have split games between Hiller and Fasth evenly this season, but Hiller has performed better and could be in line for a series of starts. The Swiss ‘tender is 3-0-0 this year with a 1.30 GAA and .959 save percentage while Fasth is 2-1 with a 3.33 GAA and .877 save percentage.
Schneider to face Rangers
In what is about as close to a “must-win” game as you can get this early in the season, the New Jersey Devils will start Cory Schneider in goal on Saturday for a grudge match against the Rangers at Prudential.
The decision is historic, as home games against the Blueshirts have basically been owned by Martin Brodeur over the last 20 years, so long as he was healthy.
In fact, according to Tom Gulitti of NorthJersey.com, last time Brodeur didn’t start a home game vs. Rangers (when he wasn’t injured or returning from injury) was in 1993, when Chris Terreri was on the hook for a 3-1 loss.
Reimer says he’s OK
The 25-year-old ‘tender was clipped by teammate Josh Leivo against the ‘Canes and was forced out as a precautionary measure. Reimer is 2-0-0 on the year with a 3.17 GAA and .917 save percentage, but looks to be slipping in the race for playing time behind Jonathan Bernier, who has been excellent to start the season.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)