Oct 18, 2013, 12:22 AM EST
Joel Quenneville didn’t like much, if anything, about his team’s performance Thursday.
And he let it be known, after the Chicago Blackhawks lost 3-2 in a shootout to the St. Louis Blues.
“No, awful. I didn’t like our game at all (after) the first 12 minutes,” said the Blackhawks head coach after the game, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
“Didn’t like our pace, how we turned pucks over. Didn’t get pucks to the net, didn’t generate any offense after the first.”
That’s twice now the Blackhawks have lost to their Central Division rivals in St. Louis to begin the season, however they did manage the single point in this most recent defeat.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)