Oct 18, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
Joel Quenneville didn’t like much, if anything, about his team’s performance Thursday.
And he let it be known, after the Chicago Blackhawks lost 3-2 in a shootout to the St. Louis Blues.
“No, awful. I didn’t like our game at all (after) the first 12 minutes,” said the Blackhawks head coach after the game, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
“Didn’t like our pace, how we turned pucks over. Didn’t get pucks to the net, didn’t generate any offense after the first.”
That’s twice now the Blackhawks have lost to their Central Division rivals in St. Louis to begin the season, however they did manage the single point in this most recent defeat.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)