Oct 18, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
Joel Quenneville didn’t like much, if anything, about his team’s performance Thursday.
And he let it be known, after the Chicago Blackhawks lost 3-2 in a shootout to the St. Louis Blues.
“No, awful. I didn’t like our game at all (after) the first 12 minutes,” said the Blackhawks head coach after the game, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
“Didn’t like our pace, how we turned pucks over. Didn’t get pucks to the net, didn’t generate any offense after the first.”
That’s twice now the Blackhawks have lost to their Central Division rivals in St. Louis to begin the season, however they did manage the single point in this most recent defeat.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12