Oct 18, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
In an effort to stoke the offense and get his 2-5-0 team turned around, Capitals head coach Adam Oates has shuffled the forward lines ahead of Saturday’s home game versus Columbus.
Per CSN Washington, here’s what the new combinations were today at practice:
There’s no guarantee we’ll see those exact lines versus the Blue Jackets, but for now it’s notable that Grabovski — with just two assists since potting a hat trick in the season-opener — has been dropped to the third line. Meanwhile, the previously frustrated Erat gets a shot in the top six and Laich moves to the middle on the second line, which is where he was slotted prior to the Grabovski signing.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14