Oct 18, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
In an effort to stoke the offense and get his 2-5-0 team turned around, Capitals head coach Adam Oates has shuffled the forward lines ahead of Saturday’s home game versus Columbus.
Per CSN Washington, here’s what the new combinations were today at practice:
There’s no guarantee we’ll see those exact lines versus the Blue Jackets, but for now it’s notable that Grabovski — with just two assists since potting a hat trick in the season-opener — has been dropped to the third line. Meanwhile, the previously frustrated Erat gets a shot in the top six and Laich moves to the middle on the second line, which is where he was slotted prior to the Grabovski signing.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4