Oct 18, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
Carl Soderberg could make his season debut for the Boston Bruins on Saturday against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Soderberg has been cleared to play, after missing every game in the regular season to date due to an ankle injury suffered in the pre-season finale.
“Carl is ready to go,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said Friday, as per the club’s website. “He’s been cleared so there’s a possibility there.
“I know it’s kind of a question if we feel that he’s going to be in tomorrow; there’s a good chance he will be. He’s been cleared so now it’s up to me to make that decision.”
Originally a St. Louis second-round draft pick in 2004, Soderberg played in a total of eight games last season for the Bruins, including a pair of appearances in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)