Oct 17, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Tim Thomas‘ first game against his old teammates from Boston didn’t go the way the veteran goaltender may have hoped.
Thomas and the Panthers conceded the Bruins’ winning goal with 59 seconds remaining in regulation, in a 3-2 loss on home ice.
Thomas, 39, got the start against his former team, which he backstopped to a Stanley Cup championship in 2011 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Reilly Smith scored the winning goal, as his backhander on a scramble in front of Thomas just trickled by the netminder and into the net.
Thomas, whose animated responses to goals against has been well-documented in the past, emphatically threw up his arms in frustration as he sat on his knees in the crease.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12