Oct 17, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Valeri Nichushkin is getting another kick at the can — albeit from a different side of the can.
Nichushkin, Dallas’ first round pick (10th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, will be back in the lineup tonight when the Stars take on San Jose, but he’ll be at left wing after playing on the right to open the season.
“It’s just a look we are going to try,” head coach Lindy Ruff told the Stars website. “He’s played four games at right wing and he’s got one shot on net.
“We’re going to give him a look over there, but that doesn’t mean he is going to stay there.”
Nichushkin, 18, will skate alongside Shawn Horcoff and Erik Cole, and the hope is tthose veteran presences will spark Nichushkin’s offense. Ruff said the Russian winger, who only had one shot on goal in four games, was starting to search for offensive chances, which led to him losing his focus.
“I know he’s frustrated,” Ruff said of Nichushkin. “Like any young player, he wants to score and he wants points, and I think all of that will come if the right things happen.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)