Oct 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $3,000 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Thursday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $600. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
The Washington Capitals’ defensive issues have been costing them lately. (CSN Washington)
Adrian Dater feels that Semyon Varlamov‘s hot start to the 2013-14 campaign is evidence that Avalanche GM Greg Sherman was right to get him from the Washington Capitals for a first and a second-round draft pick. (Denver Post)
Highlights from the New York Rangers’ 2-0 victory over the Washington Capitals:
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42