Oct 17, 2013, 2:13 AM EDT
However, Paajarvi had been a healthy scratch in the Blues’ first five games – four of those are wins, by the way.
“The team is going very well,” Paajarvi told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’m fortunate to be on the team. I want to be a part of it and, obviously, I want a bigger part. I want to play every game. Of course it’s tough mentally, because I’ve never been in this situation.
“But I’m going to just be patient, keep working. A positive attitude is critical I think.”
During his time in Edmonton, spread out over three seasons, Paajarvi scored 26 goals and had 58 points in 163 regular season games.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8