Oct 17, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
St. Louis suffered an apparent foot injury Tuesday when he blocked a shot from Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. The 38-year-old winger missed practice yesterday and was reportedly seen in a walking boot.
“From all indications it is nothing alarmingly serious,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Second in NHL scoring with 10 points in six games, St. Louis would obviously be missed if he’s unable to go tonight. Just in case he can’t, the club has recalled forward Brett Connolly from AHL Syracuse.
Jon Cooper said St Louis is a game time decision, test results negative, can't hurt the foot any more, so I comes down to pain tolerance—
Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) October 17, 2013
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)