Oct 17, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
St. Louis suffered an apparent foot injury Tuesday when he blocked a shot from Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. The 38-year-old winger missed practice yesterday and was reportedly seen in a walking boot.
“From all indications it is nothing alarmingly serious,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Second in NHL scoring with 10 points in six games, St. Louis would obviously be missed if he’s unable to go tonight. Just in case he can’t, the club has recalled forward Brett Connolly from AHL Syracuse.
Jon Cooper said St Louis is a game time decision, test results negative, can't hurt the foot any more, so I comes down to pain tolerance—
Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) October 17, 2013
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)