Oct 17, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
St. Louis suffered an apparent foot injury Tuesday when he blocked a shot from Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. The 38-year-old winger missed practice yesterday and was reportedly seen in a walking boot.
“From all indications it is nothing alarmingly serious,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune.
Second in NHL scoring with 10 points in six games, St. Louis would obviously be missed if he’s unable to go tonight. Just in case he can’t, the club has recalled forward Brett Connolly from AHL Syracuse.
Jon Cooper said St Louis is a game time decision, test results negative, can't hurt the foot any more, so I comes down to pain tolerance—
Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) October 17, 2013
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)