Oct 17, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
It promises to be an intense affair tonight at the United Center when Chicago takes on St. Louis for the second time in eight days.
Last Wednesday, on NBCSN’s Rivalry Night, the Blues scored in the final minute to beat the ‘Hawks 3-2, a loss Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville called “brutal” and “unacceptable.”
“You’ve got to get that game to overtime,” Quenneville lamented. “You take one (point) maybe two. You don’t get none.”
While the ‘Hawks will want to make amends for that defeat, St. Louis is searching for some atonement of its own.
The Blues lost their first game of the season in ugly fashion on Tuesday night, a 6-2 drubbing at the hands of San Jose that was marred by Maxim Lapierre‘s dangerous hit from behind on Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle. The incident seemed to unravel the Blues, as they allowed two goals on the subsequent power play and finished the game out-shot 39-27 (the most they’ve been out-shot all season.)
If there’s good news for the Blues, it’s that Brenden Morrow — shaken up on a boarding hit from Brent Burns on Tuesday — will be in the lineup to face Chicago. He’ll be joined up front by Magnus Paajarvi, who will make his Blues debut by replacing Lapierre in the lineup.
For Chicago, Brandon Pirri will get into the lineup and center the fourth line between Marcus Kruger and Brandon Bollig. Pirri, who led AHL Rockford in scoring last year, will draw in at the expense of Ben Smith.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)