Oct 17, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
It promises to be an intense affair tonight at the United Center when Chicago takes on St. Louis for the second time in eight days.
Last Wednesday, on NBCSN’s Rivalry Night, the Blues scored in the final minute to beat the ‘Hawks 3-2, a loss Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville called “brutal” and “unacceptable.”
“You’ve got to get that game to overtime,” Quenneville lamented. “You take one (point) maybe two. You don’t get none.”
While the ‘Hawks will want to make amends for that defeat, St. Louis is searching for some atonement of its own.
The Blues lost their first game of the season in ugly fashion on Tuesday night, a 6-2 drubbing at the hands of San Jose that was marred by Maxim Lapierre‘s dangerous hit from behind on Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle. The incident seemed to unravel the Blues, as they allowed two goals on the subsequent power play and finished the game out-shot 39-27 (the most they’ve been out-shot all season.)
If there’s good news for the Blues, it’s that Brenden Morrow — shaken up on a boarding hit from Brent Burns on Tuesday — will be in the lineup to face Chicago. He’ll be joined up front by Magnus Paajarvi, who will make his Blues debut by replacing Lapierre in the lineup.
For Chicago, Brandon Pirri will get into the lineup and center the fourth line between Marcus Kruger and Brandon Bollig. Pirri, who led AHL Rockford in scoring last year, will draw in at the expense of Ben Smith.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35