Oct 17, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
It promises to be an intense affair tonight at the United Center when Chicago takes on St. Louis for the second time in eight days.
Last Wednesday, on NBCSN’s Rivalry Night, the Blues scored in the final minute to beat the ‘Hawks 3-2, a loss Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville called “brutal” and “unacceptable.”
“You’ve got to get that game to overtime,” Quenneville lamented. “You take one (point) maybe two. You don’t get none.”
While the ‘Hawks will want to make amends for that defeat, St. Louis is searching for some atonement of its own.
The Blues lost their first game of the season in ugly fashion on Tuesday night, a 6-2 drubbing at the hands of San Jose that was marred by Maxim Lapierre‘s dangerous hit from behind on Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle. The incident seemed to unravel the Blues, as they allowed two goals on the subsequent power play and finished the game out-shot 39-27 (the most they’ve been out-shot all season.)
If there’s good news for the Blues, it’s that Brenden Morrow — shaken up on a boarding hit from Brent Burns on Tuesday — will be in the lineup to face Chicago. He’ll be joined up front by Magnus Paajarvi, who will make his Blues debut by replacing Lapierre in the lineup.
For Chicago, Brandon Pirri will get into the lineup and center the fourth line between Marcus Kruger and Brandon Bollig. Pirri, who led AHL Rockford in scoring last year, will draw in at the expense of Ben Smith.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)