Oct 17, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Taylor Hall has put himself in the Edmonton record books.
Hall, 20, scored two goals in eight seconds against the Islanders in the opening frame of Thursday’s game, breaking Wayne Gretzky’s record for fastest two goals by a single Oilers player:
The pair of tallies came one second faster than the two Gretzky scored on February 18, 1981 against St Louis. No. 99 scored at the 5:49 mark of the third period, then scored nine seconds later in what ended up being a 9-2 whitewash of the Blues.
Edmonton went into the first intermission up 2-1. The goals were Hall’s second and third of the season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)