Oct 17, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Taylor Hall has put himself in the Edmonton record books.
Hall, 20, scored two goals in eight seconds against the Islanders in the opening frame of Thursday’s game, breaking Wayne Gretzky’s record for fastest two goals by a single Oilers player:
The pair of tallies came one second faster than the two Gretzky scored on February 18, 1981 against St Louis. No. 99 scored at the 5:49 mark of the third period, then scored nine seconds later in what ended up being a 9-2 whitewash of the Blues.
Edmonton went into the first intermission up 2-1. The goals were Hall’s second and third of the season.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25