Oct 17, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Taylor Hall has put himself in the Edmonton record books.
Hall, 20, scored two goals in eight seconds against the Islanders in the opening frame of Thursday’s game, breaking Wayne Gretzky’s record for fastest two goals by a single Oilers player:
The pair of tallies came one second faster than the two Gretzky scored on February 18, 1981 against St Louis. No. 99 scored at the 5:49 mark of the third period, then scored nine seconds later in what ended up being a 9-2 whitewash of the Blues.
Edmonton went into the first intermission up 2-1. The goals were Hall’s second and third of the season.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)