Oct 17, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Taylor Hall has put himself in the Edmonton record books.
Hall, 20, scored two goals in eight seconds against the Islanders in the opening frame of Thursday’s game, breaking Wayne Gretzky’s record for fastest two goals by a single Oilers player:
The pair of tallies came one second faster than the two Gretzky scored on February 18, 1981 against St Louis. No. 99 scored at the 5:49 mark of the third period, then scored nine seconds later in what ended up being a 9-2 whitewash of the Blues.
Edmonton went into the first intermission up 2-1. The goals were Hall’s second and third of the season.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)