Oct 17, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
News from around the crease…
Harding back in goal
Josh Harding will be back in goal for Minnesota tonight when the Wild take on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Filling in for the injured Niklas Backstrom — who, it should be mentioned, will return to the lineup tonight in a backup capacity — Harding has been a busy man lately, appearing in five straight contests.
Tuesday’s game against Toronto was supposed to be his night off as the Wild gave Darcy Kuemper the start, but Kuemper was yanked after allowing three goals on seven shots, forcing Harding into relief duty.
Stars keep rolling with Ellis
Ellis, filling in for the injured Kari Lehtonen, has had a rough go over the last two games, He was shelled for five goals in a loss to Minnesota, then allowed all three goals in a 3-2 loss to Colorado on Tuesday — a game in which Dallas out-shot the Avs 41-26.
Campbell, the 11th overall selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been up with the club for the past few games but has yet to make his NHL debut.
— As Brough wrote earlier, Jonas Gustavsson gets his third straight start for Detroit tonight while Devan Dubnyk, he of the .829 save percentage, will be in goal for Edmonton.
— It’s Tuukka vs. Timmy in Florida this evening.
— Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly against Pittsburgh.
— Ben Bishop will start for the Bolts against Minny.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)