Oct 17, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
News from around the crease…
Harding back in goal
Josh Harding will be back in goal for Minnesota tonight when the Wild take on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Filling in for the injured Niklas Backstrom — who, it should be mentioned, will return to the lineup tonight in a backup capacity — Harding has been a busy man lately, appearing in five straight contests.
Tuesday’s game against Toronto was supposed to be his night off as the Wild gave Darcy Kuemper the start, but Kuemper was yanked after allowing three goals on seven shots, forcing Harding into relief duty.
Stars keep rolling with Ellis
Ellis, filling in for the injured Kari Lehtonen, has had a rough go over the last two games, He was shelled for five goals in a loss to Minnesota, then allowed all three goals in a 3-2 loss to Colorado on Tuesday — a game in which Dallas out-shot the Avs 41-26.
Campbell, the 11th overall selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been up with the club for the past few games but has yet to make his NHL debut.
– As Brough wrote earlier, Jonas Gustavsson gets his third straight start for Detroit tonight while Devan Dubnyk, he of the .829 save percentage, will be in goal for Edmonton.
– It’s Tuukka vs. Timmy in Florida this evening.
– Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly against Pittsburgh.
– Ben Bishop will start for the Bolts against Minny.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 6
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 8
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 16
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)