Oct 17, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
News from around the crease…
Harding back in goal
Josh Harding will be back in goal for Minnesota tonight when the Wild take on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Filling in for the injured Niklas Backstrom — who, it should be mentioned, will return to the lineup tonight in a backup capacity — Harding has been a busy man lately, appearing in five straight contests.
Tuesday’s game against Toronto was supposed to be his night off as the Wild gave Darcy Kuemper the start, but Kuemper was yanked after allowing three goals on seven shots, forcing Harding into relief duty.
Stars keep rolling with Ellis
Ellis, filling in for the injured Kari Lehtonen, has had a rough go over the last two games, He was shelled for five goals in a loss to Minnesota, then allowed all three goals in a 3-2 loss to Colorado on Tuesday — a game in which Dallas out-shot the Avs 41-26.
Campbell, the 11th overall selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been up with the club for the past few games but has yet to make his NHL debut.
– As Brough wrote earlier, Jonas Gustavsson gets his third straight start for Detroit tonight while Devan Dubnyk, he of the .829 save percentage, will be in goal for Edmonton.
– It’s Tuukka vs. Timmy in Florida this evening.
– Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly against Pittsburgh.
– Ben Bishop will start for the Bolts against Minny.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47