Oct 17, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The flu bug is wreaking havoc with tonight’s Montreal-Columbus matchup at the Bell Center.
The Jackets have announced that leading scorer Marian Gaborik will miss tonight’s tilt with the flu, while the Canadiens have listed forward Rene Bourque as a gametime decision with the same illness.
Gaborik, 31, has gotten off to a great start in what (coincidentally?) happens to be a contract year. He’s notched 2G-4A through the first five games of the season, showing good chemistry on the top line with Cam Atkinson and Brandon Dubinsky.
Sean Collins will take Gaborik’s place in the lineup, making his season debut in the process.
Bourque, 31, missed today’s morning skate and was replaced by defenseman Nathan Beaulieu in line rushes. Bourque has 1G-1A in six games this year and would be a significant loss to the Montreal forward group, especially since Max Pacioretty has already been ruled out with a lower-body injury.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12