Oct 17, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
The flu bug is wreaking havoc with tonight’s Montreal-Columbus matchup at the Bell Center.
The Jackets have announced that leading scorer Marian Gaborik will miss tonight’s tilt with the flu, while the Canadiens have listed forward Rene Bourque as a gametime decision with the same illness.
Gaborik, 31, has gotten off to a great start in what (coincidentally?) happens to be a contract year. He’s notched 2G-4A through the first five games of the season, showing good chemistry on the top line with Cam Atkinson and Brandon Dubinsky.
Sean Collins will take Gaborik’s place in the lineup, making his season debut in the process.
Bourque, 31, missed today’s morning skate and was replaced by defenseman Nathan Beaulieu in line rushes. Bourque has 1G-1A in six games this year and would be a significant loss to the Montreal forward group, especially since Max Pacioretty has already been ruled out with a lower-body injury.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)