Oct 17, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The flu bug is wreaking havoc with tonight’s Montreal-Columbus matchup at the Bell Center.
The Jackets have announced that leading scorer Marian Gaborik will miss tonight’s tilt with the flu, while the Canadiens have listed forward Rene Bourque as a gametime decision with the same illness.
Gaborik, 31, has gotten off to a great start in what (coincidentally?) happens to be a contract year. He’s notched 2G-4A through the first five games of the season, showing good chemistry on the top line with Cam Atkinson and Brandon Dubinsky.
Sean Collins will take Gaborik’s place in the lineup, making his season debut in the process.
Bourque, 31, missed today’s morning skate and was replaced by defenseman Nathan Beaulieu in line rushes. Bourque has 1G-1A in six games this year and would be a significant loss to the Montreal forward group, especially since Max Pacioretty has already been ruled out with a lower-body injury.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22