Oct 17, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The flu bug is wreaking havoc with tonight’s Montreal-Columbus matchup at the Bell Center.
The Jackets have announced that leading scorer Marian Gaborik will miss tonight’s tilt with the flu, while the Canadiens have listed forward Rene Bourque as a gametime decision with the same illness.
Gaborik, 31, has gotten off to a great start in what (coincidentally?) happens to be a contract year. He’s notched 2G-4A through the first five games of the season, showing good chemistry on the top line with Cam Atkinson and Brandon Dubinsky.
Sean Collins will take Gaborik’s place in the lineup, making his season debut in the process.
Bourque, 31, missed today’s morning skate and was replaced by defenseman Nathan Beaulieu in line rushes. Bourque has 1G-1A in six games this year and would be a significant loss to the Montreal forward group, especially since Max Pacioretty has already been ruled out with a lower-body injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)