Oct 17, 2013, 12:57 AM EST
The dream of going undefeated in regulation during the regular season is over for the Calgary Flames.
The Flames dropped a 3-2 decision on the road against the Anaheim Ducks, giving the visitors from Alberta their first regulation loss of this season.
Calgary’s record now stands at 3-1-2. The loss comes even after the Flames outshot the Ducks 35-22, and that’s including 28-12 over the final two periods.
Ducks sink Flames 3-2 in Anaheim, 17th loss in a row for Calgary at the Pond.—
Calgary Sun (@calgarysun) October 17, 2013
The Ducks’ winning goal came off the stick of 43-year-old Teemu Selanne, who had gone to the bench for a new stick after breaking his original seconds earlier. No sooner did he get back into the play, he found himself going in all alone on Flames goalie Joey MacDonald. (Click here to watch the video)
Selanne buried his shot five-hole on MacDonald, giving the Ducks a 3-1 lead heading into the second intermission.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)