Oct 17, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
As we noted earlier, Kane left yesterday’s practice favoring his right leg and did not return. Prior to his departure, he apparently got tangled up with teammate Anthony Peluso, with Peluso falling on Kane’s leg.
The Jets (3-4-0) have lost four of five after winning their first two, so this injury to Kane doesn’t exactly come at the most ideal time. After seven games, it appears consistency remains an issue for Noel’s squad, just as it was last season. Certainly the calls for a coaching change will only grow louder if the Jets don’t turn it around soon.
After the St. Louis game, the Jets host the Predators Saturday and Capitals Tuesday then hit the road for a four-game trip to Nashville, Dallas, Colorado and St. Louis.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)