Oct 17, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
As we noted earlier, Kane left yesterday’s practice favoring his right leg and did not return. Prior to his departure, he apparently got tangled up with teammate Anthony Peluso, with Peluso falling on Kane’s leg.
The Jets (3-4-0) have lost four of five after winning their first two, so this injury to Kane doesn’t exactly come at the most ideal time. After seven games, it appears consistency remains an issue for Noel’s squad, just as it was last season. Certainly the calls for a coaching change will only grow louder if the Jets don’t turn it around soon.
After the St. Louis game, the Jets host the Predators Saturday and Capitals Tuesday then hit the road for a four-game trip to Nashville, Dallas, Colorado and St. Louis.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)