Oct 17, 2013, 3:05 PM EST
As we noted earlier, Kane left yesterday’s practice favoring his right leg and did not return. Prior to his departure, he apparently got tangled up with teammate Anthony Peluso, with Peluso falling on Kane’s leg.
The Jets (3-4-0) have lost four of five after winning their first two, so this injury to Kane doesn’t exactly come at the most ideal time. After seven games, it appears consistency remains an issue for Noel’s squad, just as it was last season. Certainly the calls for a coaching change will only grow louder if the Jets don’t turn it around soon.
After the St. Louis game, the Jets host the Predators Saturday and Capitals Tuesday then hit the road for a four-game trip to Nashville, Dallas, Colorado and St. Louis.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)