Oct 16, 2013, 11:56 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks’ forward Teemu Selanne showed some veteran savvy when he scored his first goal of the season Wednesday.
In the second period against the Calgary Flames, Selanne had gone to the bench to get a new stick after breaking his original, and as the play transitioned through the neutral zone, the 43-year-old right winger found himself on a breakaway mere seconds after entering back into the play with a new twig.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4