Oct 16, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks’ forward Teemu Selanne showed some veteran savvy when he scored his first goal of the season Wednesday.
In the second period against the Calgary Flames, Selanne had gone to the bench to get a new stick after breaking his original, and as the play transitioned through the neutral zone, the 43-year-old right winger found himself on a breakaway mere seconds after entering back into the play with a new twig.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7