Oct 16, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks’ forward Teemu Selanne showed some veteran savvy when he scored his first goal of the season Wednesday.
In the second period against the Calgary Flames, Selanne had gone to the bench to get a new stick after breaking his original, and as the play transitioned through the neutral zone, the 43-year-old right winger found himself on a breakaway mere seconds after entering back into the play with a new twig.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32