Oct 16, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks’ forward Teemu Selanne showed some veteran savvy when he scored his first goal of the season Wednesday.
In the second period against the Calgary Flames, Selanne had gone to the bench to get a new stick after breaking his original, and as the play transitioned through the neutral zone, the 43-year-old right winger found himself on a breakaway mere seconds after entering back into the play with a new twig.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35