Oct 16, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Things promised to get interesting in Florida on Wednesday as the Panthers prepped for Thursday’s game against the Bruins.
Today would’ve marked Tim Thomas‘ first reunion with the Boston media since his abrupt hockey sabbatical — but, apparently, it’ll have to wait.
According to multiple reports out of Florida, Thomas won’t meet with the media until after Thursday’s game, this despite the fact he returned to practice on Monday and was back out again this morning taking shots.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t played since leaving last week’s 2-1 loss to Philadelphia after surrendering both goals on five shots in just over seven minutes of action.
Thomas tweaked his groin against the Flyers, got shelved and subsequently missed Florida’s last four games. Young netminder Jacob Markstrom allowed 16 goals in relief of Thomas, including six on 24 shots in a 7-2 whitewash at the hands of Tampa Bay.
So, it stands to reason Thomas could be back in goal on Thursday to face the Bruins, only adding to the intrigue.
Update 2:45 p.m. ET
According to CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty, Panthers PR confirmed Thomas won’t speak until after Thursday’s game.
Haggerty also notes that, during his final season in Boston, Thomas adopted a policy of not speaking to reporters the morning of games — but extending that policy to the day before games is something new.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)