Oct 16, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Things promised to get interesting in Florida on Wednesday as the Panthers prepped for Thursday’s game against the Bruins.
Today would’ve marked Tim Thomas‘ first reunion with the Boston media since his abrupt hockey sabbatical — but, apparently, it’ll have to wait.
According to multiple reports out of Florida, Thomas won’t meet with the media until after Thursday’s game, this despite the fact he returned to practice on Monday and was back out again this morning taking shots.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t played since leaving last week’s 2-1 loss to Philadelphia after surrendering both goals on five shots in just over seven minutes of action.
Thomas tweaked his groin against the Flyers, got shelved and subsequently missed Florida’s last four games. Young netminder Jacob Markstrom allowed 16 goals in relief of Thomas, including six on 24 shots in a 7-2 whitewash at the hands of Tampa Bay.
So, it stands to reason Thomas could be back in goal on Thursday to face the Bruins, only adding to the intrigue.
Update 2:45 p.m. ET
According to CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty, Panthers PR confirmed Thomas won’t speak until after Thursday’s game.
Haggerty also notes that, during his final season in Boston, Thomas adopted a policy of not speaking to reporters the morning of games — but extending that policy to the day before games is something new.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)