Oct 16, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Things promised to get interesting in Florida on Wednesday as the Panthers prepped for Thursday’s game against the Bruins.
Today would’ve marked Tim Thomas‘ first reunion with the Boston media since his abrupt hockey sabbatical — but, apparently, it’ll have to wait.
According to multiple reports out of Florida, Thomas won’t meet with the media until after Thursday’s game, this despite the fact he returned to practice on Monday and was back out again this morning taking shots.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t played since leaving last week’s 2-1 loss to Philadelphia after surrendering both goals on five shots in just over seven minutes of action.
Thomas tweaked his groin against the Flyers, got shelved and subsequently missed Florida’s last four games. Young netminder Jacob Markstrom allowed 16 goals in relief of Thomas, including six on 24 shots in a 7-2 whitewash at the hands of Tampa Bay.
So, it stands to reason Thomas could be back in goal on Thursday to face the Bruins, only adding to the intrigue.
Update 2:45 p.m. ET
According to CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty, Panthers PR confirmed Thomas won’t speak until after Thursday’s game.
Haggerty also notes that, during his final season in Boston, Thomas adopted a policy of not speaking to reporters the morning of games — but extending that policy to the day before games is something new.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)