Oct 16, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
New York could be getting some much-needed lineup reinforcements soon.
The club cleared Carl Hagelin for contact on Wednesday, according to the New York Post. Hagelin has missed all five of the Rangers’ games this season — and, prior to those, the entire exhibition campaign — after undergoing corrective shoulder surgery during the summer.
Hagelin, 25, should resume full practices this week and, according to the Post’s Larry Brooks, is targeting a return date of Oct. 29 against the New York Islanders — the earliest he can be activated after being placed on long-term injured reserve to start the season.
If everything goes to plan, Hagelin will have missed 10 games all told.
The speedy winger will be a nice addition to the Blueshirts’ lineup. The lockout-shortened ’13 campaign was a good one for Hagelin, as he posted 10 goals and 24 points in 48 games, chipping in with another six points in 12 playoff contests.
He also averaged 17:18 TOI per game in the regular season — up from 15:03 in his rookie year — and played over 18 a night during the postseason.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)